Nothing says that your business dinner or charity event is something special like a hard copy invitation delivered right to your guest’s front door. Make sure your next corporate shindig is well-attended by using these tips for creative invitations and making them your own!
Creative Invitations Convey Elegance in Hard Copy Form
No matter how saturated we’ve become with e-vites, Facebook events, and digital messages, there’s still plenty of room for the old-fashioned elegance of the printed invitation. There’s just something special about receiving a well-designed invitation in the mail, one you can actually touch and that’s addressed to you specifically.
But however great getting your invitation is, it will need to be interesting and creative if you want your guests to actually show up. The same old thing just won’t do, not if you want to drum up enough anticipation to transform your gathering into an event. Here are some fantastic ways to create invitations that will simply dazzle your guests into attending.
Choosing the Right Material Is Key
What could be more important than the type of paper your invitation is printed on? You can convey a great deal of subtle information just by selecting a material that attracts and engages your guest’s attention. Here are a few great options to consider.
- Cotton Card Stock Paper. Soft, luxurious, and ideal for letterpress printing, cotton card stock is low key elegance at its finest.
- Felt Card Stock Paper. A bit coarser than cotton stock paper, felt offers a wide variety of textures and is also a bit more versatile.
- Transparent Vellum Paper. Often used as an insert as opposed to the invitation itself, vellum paper can be used with laser printing and will add an exquisite dose of Old World style.
- Good, old fashioned cream colored card stock. An oldie but a goodie, this perennial favorite offers just enough formality without drawing too much attention to itself.
The right paper is just the start of the perfect invitation. In order to truly impress, it will also need a fantastic design, something that delivers a spark and keeps your event firmly in your guest’s mind.
Here are just a few of the amazing and innovative design ideas from which to choose.
- 3D Pop-Up Design. Yes, we know this sounds like it might come off like a children’s book, but printing technology is now so advanced that 3D designs on a corporate invitation have become more like works of art.
- Use a sparsely worded envelope to add a little mystery to your event. Stark letters on a textured background will be just the tease you need to get your guest excited at the prospect of your event.
- Custom features like embossing, foil, and metallic inks can make a boring conventional invite stand out.
- Sometimes, simplicity is best. Depending on the image you wish to convey, often a subtle design is the most effective to conjure up a guest’s interest. A tasteful border surrounding the text goes a long way toward conveying decorum, especially if the rest of the design is more splashy.
Design with an eye towards your target audience. What are their needs, their interests, and their goals?
From our article, How to Design Corporate Event Invitations for Conferences & Summits
And yes, Wording Still Matters
With all the work you’ve already put in choosing the paper and design of your invitation, you’ll definitely want the way that it’s written to be on par with the rest. Choose fonts, formats, and spacing that reinforce the rest of the design for optimum effect.
If you have a theme, stick to it but don’t go overboard.
First and foremost, don’t outsmart yourself. Even the most creative invitations have to include pertinent information like what, where, when, etc. You can add a few phrases here and there to enhance your invitation’s message, but don’t go overboard with it. All you need is the pertinent info and a bit of flair to put the perfect finishing touch on your invitation.
Have you visited our online sample showroom? We have some spectacular examples of creative invitations!