Printing holiday invitations is a common project—everything from kids’ parties to elegant black tie events. Luckily, there are a number of great options for your invitation.
Using these options, you can make even the same text and graphics look like completely different invitations. Using even one or two of our suggestions below can be a great way to make your holiday invitations stand out.
Check our Printing Sample Showroom to see a few examples of how nice your holiday invitations can be!
Printing Holiday Invitations — Helpful Tips
- Images or Text Only- It is possible to add images to invitations, and you will need to decide whether you will go with a text-only invite, or if you want to add photos and other types of images as well.
On one hand, there is something very elegant about a well-done text-only invitation. On the other hand, the right photo(s) can give your invitation a special sense of warmth. What effect you’re going for will depend on what the event is, who is going, and of course your own personality.
- Die Cutting- One special technique that can help any invitation draw attention is to use die cutting. This technique involves cutting specific shapes or areas out of the material. Your options here stretch just about to the limits of your imagination!
This allows for printing holiday invitations which are highly personalized. You can choose to add a cut out window, missing or extra shapes, and other personalization. It’s all up to you!
- Foil Stamping- Foil stamping can add a very elegant and sophisticated touch to any type of invitation. Metallic foils add glamour and glitz—but these aren’t the only foil types you can choose from.
Ask your printer what foils they carry to find out what the options are. Red and green foil could be used for Christmas, just as other colors are right for other holidays.
- Embossing- Embossing is a common special technique that can make your invitations look very distinctive. This method can be very impressive and it says high end quality. Many also see embossing as classy and sophisticated, and when it is combined with foil stamping the end result can be spectacular.
- The Printer- If you already have someone that you trust when it comes to printing holiday invitations with exceptional quality then you are ahead of the game. If you do not have a printer that you already use then you will need to evaluate and compare a number of printing companies to find the best one for your needs, budget, and preferences.
- Paper Stock Weight- One important factor that you need to think about before printing holiday invitations is the weight and thickness of the paper stock used for your invite. A heavier stock weight will have a more luxurious feel and more impressive look but it will also cost more. Different weights and materials will also absorb ink differently. A good printing company will be knowledgeable and happy to discuss options with you.
- The Details- Make sure that your finished invitation design includes all of the details about your event. You need to let the guests know what the invitation is for, who is hosting it, when and where the event will be held, and all of the contact details for the event contact person in case anyone needs to get further clarification or has questions.
- Special Instructions- Before you get ready to start printing holiday invitations, think about whether there are any special instructions that your guests need to know about. This can include any specific directions, gift or donation suggestions, and even instructions about where to park or how to dress for the event as well.
- Budget- One of the most important factors for any invitation is the budget that you have to work with. If you cut corners at every turn in order to save money then you can’t expect quality results, but the reality is that everyone has a limit on the resources that they can use and must budget these resources in the best manner possible.
The solution? If you’re working with budget constraints, pick 1, 2, or at most 3 special elements that embody the “feel” you are going for. You don’t have to use every trick in your printer’s book, in order to have memorable invitations. A good printing company will help you stand out—without going over budget.
Printing holiday invitations is one of our many specialties. Contact us today for all your invitation printing needs.