According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, in 2013 Las Vegas saw 5,107,416 trade show and convention attendees at 22,027 conventions.* Big numbers and big competition! To stand out from this crowd your convention marketing ideas must be outstanding.
To help make your trade show exhibit the star of the show we have 10 ideas to help.
To learn more about Las Vegas Color Graphics convention services click here.
Top 10 Convention Marketing Ideas to attract more Visitors
1. ATM Machines – One of the newest convention marketing ideas involves ATM machines that are placed at your booth. When visitors come to your area they receive a card to be used in the ATM, and the lucky ones can win cash or other prizes. This strategy can draw in large crowds of people who want to try out the ATM machine.
2. QR Codes – QR codes can be added during the material printing process. These codes are specially designed so that they can be scanned and read by machines like smart phones and digital cameras. The code usually contains a URL that directs the individual to a website where further information is offered.
3. Cash Cubes – Cash cubes are one of the most popular convention marketing ideas, because who can resist a free chance to win money? You can adjust the amount in the cube to reflect your budget, and bills used for prizes can be any denomination that you choose.
Another option for cash cubes is to have custom printed money that can be used to purchase your products or services. Incorporating your logo on the money is a great branding opportunity too.
4. Prize Safes – Prize safes do not require printing, and they are a favorite with visitors at trade shows and conferences. Each visitor gets a chance to guess the code for the safe, and those who get it right open the safe and get to choose a prize. This idea can fit into almost any budget, and the prizes offered are completely up to you.
5. Customized Scratch Off Cards – One of the biggest convention marketing ideas right now is customized scratch off cards. You design the cards and decide what prizes are awarded, and the printer that you choose will do the rest. Visitors will feel like they are playing the lottery and experience a sense of excitement. Your booth will quickly become one of the hot spots on the event floor.
6. Social Media Contests – Social media contests can get people talking about your business and the big event without any printing costs or other expenses. Designate a hashtag and see who can send the most tweets about your business, or offer prizes or product samples for anyone who likes your company Facebook page.
Try to keep your communications via social media focused on content and value. Use them to promote structured events throughout the tradeshow: product demonstrations, for example, or signings.
7. Treasure Chests – Treasure chests can be great convention marketing ideas. Qualified visitors to your area receive a key and they get to try and open the treasure chest. You can stock the treasure chest with prizes, products, coupons, discounts, or other prizes.
8. Prize Wheels – Prize wheels have always been popular for conventions and trade shows, and there is no printing or mailing required. Each visitor is given a chance to spin the wheel, and the prizes to be awarded are clearly shown. Prizes usually range from inexpensive to a high-ticket item depending on the available budget.
If people are spinning the wheel and screaming with excitement, then people who may not have been attracted to your booth at first may come take a peek and see what’s going on.
9. Video Games – Video games can be fantastic convention marketing ideas because most people will be drawn to them. Video games are fun and exciting, and few can resist the chance to play a game for a few minutes. This can help get people to your area and give you a chance to show them what you can do for them.
10. Food and Beverages – Some of the most effective convention marketing ideas involve food or beverages. These items add an enticing smell to your area that will attract the crowds. A popcorn cart, coffee machine, or freshly baked cookies can provide an incredible incentive for visitors to come see you.
Even the traditional bowl of candy placed on display areas draws in attendees. Having a staff member near your treats is a great way to start interactions with potential clients and customers.
It’s easier than you might think to have convention marketing ideas that really work. We’re here to help if you need any further trade show or convention help. Call us at 702-617-9000 for all your convention printing needs.
* Source: LVCVA.com