Like the rest of the world, printing has gone digital. Here are some of the top digital printing advantages our customers enjoy every day.
We’re long past the days of Gutenberg, but printing has had a more recent revolution. That’s the transition from analog to digital processes. And like the advances in printing that Gutenberg brought with his first printing press, this revolution has changed the scene in a dramatic way as well.
Here are some of the major advantages of digital printing – all of which you’ll probably agree make for great leaps forward for anyone who needs something printed. From faster processing to easier setup and more options all around, check them out.
9 Digital Printing Advantages
- Faster response time. There’s minimal setup and color is taken care of easily with a built-in color registration system that offers advanced color-match capabilities.
- Personalized print jobs are possible. Each piece can be tailored to the audience it aims to reach. That just wasn’t practical with the old analog printing processes. With analog, each customization had to be a different printing job.
- More choices in materials. Digital printing is a so-called “non-contact” sport. That is, the paper, fabric, or even ceramics being printed don’t actually come into contact with as much of the printing mechanism. Therefore, materials don’t have to be held in place quite so rigorously. Delicate fabrics and extremely thin paper can withstand the process of digital printing, whereas with old analog methods they would not have held up under the harsher handling.
- More choices when it comes to ink color. One of the digital printing advantages most people forget about is the ability to print using white ink, or any color you can imagine. Now your creativity can really blossom!
- A world of options when it comes to materials. Since digital is a non-contact form of printing (it doesn’t use plates), designers can get even more creative with a whole new range of options in materials available to them.
- Faster proof cycle. With digital, proofs are quickly developed and easily shared. That shortens the entire proof cycle for faster turnaround time.
- Short print runs are possible. In the old days, with analog printing, short print runs were prohibitively expensive. Any job required tons of setup, even if the job was small. But with digital printing, small and medium print runs are cost-effective. This allows the small business owner entry into professional-looking printing for everything from business collateral for trade shows to documents and internal communications.
- Print only as you need it. Again, in the “old days”, printing processes were clunkier – definitely not lean and agile! For instance, if you had an ongoing need for a certain printed item, your best bet was to have a huge order printed, then store it for future use. With digital, you print only what you need when you need it.
- Archiving can be paperless. When you want to store your old print jobs, it’s simply a matter of finding room on the Cloud. No longer are file cabinets and overflowing storage closets required!
Ready for your next digital printing job? We’ve got what you need: expertise, equipment, and tons of options to make your materials look great. Give us a call at 702.617.9000!