At Las Vegas Color Graphics we constantly look for new ways to conserve and promote environmental stewardship. We are a FSC® certified commercial printing company with certification from the Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC). This organization sets high standards to ensure forestry is practiced in an environmentally responsible, socially beneficial, and economically viable way. Certified paper is handled in an environmentally friendly manner through each manufacturing step.
To maintain certification an annual onsite audit is done to ensure Chain-of-Custody procedures are followed for the handling, processing, and labeling of certified forest products. This allows our clients to incorporate the FSC logo on printed materials; showing that they have followed a strict standard of compliance.
We are committed to managing all of our operations in an environmentally sound manner. Here are a few examples of how we minimize our impact by actively reducing, reusing, and recycling within our company:
- PDF proofs are used when applicable (reduces paper usage for hard copies)
- Use of Low Volatile Organic Compounds & Soy Based Inks (reduces damage to the ozone)
- FSC Certified Paper Resource
- 100% CTP Plates (eliminates the photographic process and its waste stream)
- All printing plates are recycled
- Press solutions are alcohol free
- All spent solvent and oils are recycled into an alternative fuel
- Waste sheets are reused for Make-Ready
- Extra scrap and spent Make-Ready paper is recycled
- Shipping pallets and corrugated material is recycled
- All waste ink is recycled
Through awareness, understanding, education, and action we will continue to minimize our intrusion on the environment.