Businesses carefully monitor their response rates and tailor campaigns to meet their goals. Whether you are a seasoned marketer or just starting your first direct mail advertising campaign, getting the best response rate possible should be your goal.
Tips to Increase Direct Mail Advertising Response Rates
1. Make direct mail advertising just one component of your marketing plan, not the only component. When you use several methods and approaches you will get better response rates from each one, and they will all work together to give you superior results. Focusing on just one method limits the possibilities and restricts the brand exposure that you get.
2. If you want to see better response rates then make sure to test before you start a full-scale direct mail advertising campaign. Adjust your materials, message, approach, graphics, and other components as needed. Your test market should be the same demographic that you are targeting with your marketing materials.
Fact: Las Vegas Color Graphic’s in-depth knowledge and experience has allowed us to save our customers thousands of dollars in mailing costs and fees over the years. Learn more about our direct mail advertising services here.
3. Make sure that the purpose of your direct mail advertising is clearly identified, and that this is narrow enough to give you the desired results. If you try to accomplish four things with your mail material and campaign then you will probably end up accomplishing nothing and wasting your time and money.
4. If you want exceptional direct mail advertising response rates then you need to make your material stand out, and do something to set it apart from all of the other mail that the recipient receives on a regular basis. Give it an unusual look, shape, size, or contents in order to make it different and original.
5. Use a series of direct mail advertising instead of just sending one piece one time. You may have to send several pieces before you are even noticed by the recipient. That means as many recipients as expected may not view your first few pieces of mail. A series will help you get and keep the attention of the reader in a way that one item cannot.
6. Personalization leads to an increase in response rates. This is a proven fact. When your recipient feels that you took the time to personalize a letter or other material just for them then they will view your company more favorably. Would you rather read something to “resident” or something addressed to you personally?
7. If you want someone to respond to your direct mail advertising then give him or her more than one way to do this. Let them know where they can reach you by phone, physical address, website URL, and even email address. The more contact options you give your recipients the more likely they will be to respond.
8. In order to boost your direct mail advertising response rates when you send a series make sure that every piece in the series has a recognizable element. This helps the recipient to identify your company each time; so that you get their attention and ensure that your message sinks in.
9. When you monitor and track the responses that you get with your direct mail advertising make sure that you are looking at the right metrics and tracking the right aspects. Your return on investment is the most important factor, and this should be the primary focus of your attention. Be sure to verify all data frequently.
10. If you fail to include a call to action in your direct mail advertising then you may not get the expected response. This call will encourage your readers to take the next step or perform the action that you want them to, and it can be a powerful motivator.
Thanks to Benjamin Franklin for inventing direct mail advertising. The business world would be in a far different place without it.