Starting a small business Every Door Direct Mail campaign has just gotten a lot easier. In our post last week here, we discussed the advantages of small business direct mail campaign using Every Door Direct Mail. This week, we will briefly walk you through the process.
A quick recap of the advantages of a new direct mail campaign using Every Door Direct mail:
- You can target any location without having an address.
- It’s an easy way to find new customers.
- It reduces mail preparation costs.
- It increases your revenue.
Requirements of Small Business Every Door Direct Mail
- You must be mailing Standard Flats.
- You must have less than 5000 pieces per mailer, per day, per office.
- Your mail must weigh less than 3.3oz.
- You must deposit and pay for the direct mail at the local postal office that is delivering your mail.
- You must mail to every delivery location on a carrier’s route (this means nothing less than 200 pieces per mailing).
So, if you have met these requirements, you are ready to get started. You also qualify to mail EDDM Retail without the hassle or expense of getting a permit and other associated fees. If you aren’t able to meet the requirements for this, you may want to look into Business Mail Entry Unit Acceptance.
Let’s get started!
What is the Target Area of Your Direct Mail Campaign?
You can target an area by:
- A specified distance from your business
All you have to do is identify the mail routes that match your area by using the EDDM Retail Site. You will be asked to register if you haven’t already. Then you will be directed to the SMP Tool to identify your target areas.
Or by a radius of a location:
From here, you will follow the prompts of the tool. For an extensive user guide on getting your new direct mail campaign started with the SMP Tool, the USPS has issued a PDF showing every step of the process.
Of course, if you have any other questions, you can always visit the links to the USPS website or give us a call at 702.617.9000 to get your small business Every Door Direct Mail campaign started! We are the oldest Las Vegas printing company in the area and all of our work is completed in-house, never outsourced.