Do you think direct mail is dead?
Even in this digital era, getting physical mail sent to your audience’s mailboxes can be extremely useful as a marketing tactic. Don’t just take our word for it, either. Let’s take a look at the numbers!
42.2% of people read (or, at the least, scan) their mail when they get it. Recipients of direct mail buy up to 28% more items compared to non-recipients. And an astounding 73% of Americans say they prefer being contacted by brands through direct mail campaigns.
Additionally, variable printing advantages are clear. People enjoy that personal touch, which instills trust, effort, and authority. Don’t sleep on a direct mail campaign in favor of an email campaign.
What Is Variable Printing?
Variable data printing (VDP) is a fantastic method of targeting your audience through the mail.
It allows you to purchase printed items in bulk, change certain aspects throughout (such as the name, header, image, etc.) all without stopping the printing process. What does this mean?
It means you can personalize each piece of mail, genuinely catering to your targeted audience. You can print their particular name and address, personalize an image, or include data-driven graphics.
Know the Variable Printing Advantages
There are several advantages to a direct mail campaign—and those benefits are sure to be doubled-down with a touch of personalization.
When it comes to variable printing, some of the top advantages include:
- A fantastic ROI. Some direct mail campaigns cite a return on investment of up to 29%
- Direct mail stands out in ways that floods of emails just can’t
- Since 88% of purchases are discussed at home, there’s more opportunity for mail sharing among the household, increasing your customer base
- Direct mail lasts longer than email, with a piece of mail lasting up to 17 days on average (compared to email, which is just a few seconds)
- Direct mail campaigns are affordable
- Variable printing allows for customization at a high standard of quality
- You can still invest in color, which is crisp and engaging
As you can see, there’s no lack of variable printing advantages.
When someone gets a piece of junk mail, it’s quick to meet its end by getting thrown in the trashcan. But when someone sees their name on a piece of mail, it’s a cause for pause. That mail is likelier to stick around, getting passed from roommate to roommate and neighbor to neighbor.
It makes a person wonder—this company cares about me; should I look into them?
Personalize Your Campaign Today
The variable printing advantages are clear.
Not only do Americans enjoy getting mail, but they surely enjoy mail with their names on it. This targeted approach nods to the personal touch and extra effort put in by your company.
So, how can you do something small but significant, something that promises a nearly-guaranteed ROI?
Now you know.
Contact us today to get a quote for your direct mail campaign!